Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Camping Queen

Well, I took Savannah to camp yesterday to meet up with her cousins and my sister, Kim. She'll be her counselor..bless her soul. They were all happy to see each other. My adorable nephews came running over with all their friends to introduce and were so happy to see me. Made me feel like a rock star. Savannah was tired of me kissing her goodbye and was acting too cool to have me hugging all over her. It was our first car trip alone, just the two of us. We had some interesting conversations to say the least. We aren't really allowed to talk now that she's at camp, but I got an update from my sister and here's what she told me... Savannah passed the swim test, so she can swim in the pool, she was standing in line at the "bank" to withdrawal $12 to get a camp video, which is about what we sent for the entire week. After Kim told her I didn't send money for that, she was fine with it. I guess she thought it was worth a shot. I did send money for a tshirt. After Savannah and Rebekah went to the concession stand Rebekah came back with a water bottle, which was shocking since she figured they would just get junk. Savannah was sure to tell Kim that Rebekah got the water because it was ONE and the ring pop she really wanted was FIFTY! Seems to me that Kim needs to give a little lesson in math. I told Troy about it and he just about died. I laughed hard at him and he shook his head a lot! He said he still isn't over her throwing away a penny about two years ago. You have to really know Troy to appreciate that. At least she knows 50 is more than 1! She was trying to do the right thing I told him, she just got confused about the dollars and cents thing!

The camp was pretty with lots of tall pine trees. She's not used to that for sure... she picked up a pine cone while in LA and said, "MOM! What IS this?" Seriously! I laughed, but I couldn't really believe it. But there aren't pine cones laying around the yard in TX hurting your feet like I remember growing up in LA or the mounds of pine straw we had to rake up as a kid. People pay for that stuff around here! We are one of the few neighborhoods in our area that actually have big trees, but they sure aren't pines.
And if she gets a wink a sleep, I'll be shocked. When I talked to Kim last night it was 10:00 and Savannah and Rebekah were outside the dorm eating popcorn. They have about 50 bunks in one dorm and she got a top bunk, of course. I'll write more as I'm updated. I made shirts for the girls that say Double Dare... get it, Savannah Dare and Rebekah Dare.... you can't read them very well in the picture, but aren't they a cute pair? I made the shirts at my annual Supper Club weekend get away on Saturday night. I have been getting together with 7 other girls monthly for about 3 years now. We rotate houses every month, eat a lot of yummy food and talk till we can't talk anymore. It's a true blessing to have them in my life. This is our 2nd year to go to Grapevine and stay the night. We had a ball like we always do when we're together. These girls are like my sisters and I love them a lot. Here's some pics from the weekend.












No comments: