Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Adios Texas Amigos

Well, it's time. Time to move away from Texas. The place God brought me to when I graduated from NSU. That was 1995. I would say that I have spent the best years of my life here in TX. I have grown up here. I arrived here with a suitcase and credit card. And I'm so not kidding! Thank the Lord for my friends who literally sheltered and fed me until I found a job. Then I found Troy. That's an amazing story in itself. We got married, had kids and life was set. Great job for my man, comfy house for me and the kids. But God knew the desires of our hearts. Mine to live by my family and Troy's to be out in the country where he could easily take a fishing or hunting trip. My dear man has sacrificed ALL of that (unhealthily, I think) to work hard at his job and be with his kids and me during his "free" time. He's always said he'd have time for it later, when the kids were bigger. We've prayed about this move...a lot...for lots of years. I wasn't sure how it would all pan out, but God did. I would have never dreamed it, but God did. His dreams for me are so much better than my own. Why do I question that things wouldn't be even better in Arkansas? And EVEN if ....just EVEN if they aren't...that's still the very best plan He has for our family and I'll take it over my plan, any...single... day. I finally have enough faith to really really know that he is enough for me. That even if my worst fears happens, I will survive...because of Him. I know it and I've seen it happen in many of the people God has brought to me while here in TX. I have seen strength and found it in so many of these wonderful TX people I've met. SO what am I really afraid of? CHANGE! I don't like change although I DON'T really want to stay here forever! I like my comfortable life. I have a great life here, but something just isn't settled here in my soul. So Arkansas, here we come. Coming to swim in your clear cold rivers, float the Norfork, explore caverns and caves, watch my husband coach my son along during his first of many hunting trips, to have it be a really big deal to my girls' to make a trip to the city mall to shop ;), to meet my mom at El Charro's for some Mexican food ;), go shopping in Springfield with my sister...TO HAVE FREE BABYSITTERS!!!!...and provide one for my sister and her husband....but most of all to be with family, just hangin out...after church or during the kids activities. I JUST can't wait to be with my family!

Thank you Texas...but I'm outta here.....

5 comments:

Amy Ayotte said...

Sweet Kellye,
I just love reading this...it sounds just like you talk. I am so going to miss you and your precious family. I am so blessed to have you as a friend~what a gift you are. I will continue to think of you as "that sweet one with the face like an angel" as my Kelly calls you. I know you are going to have such a blast with your family in Arkansas, but oh what a loss for us you are leaving in Texas. I can't wait to follow all of the adventures. SC won't be the same without you, but we will save your place for when you can get back here. Love you friend, Amy

Natasha said...

Wow, Kellye! I am so happy for you and your family and wish you all the best as you make the big move. I hope we can still keep in touch through blog-land! Take care! Natasha

Kristin Fiser said...

Kellye Kellye,
As much as I am going to miss you, I am so happy for you. I know that this is the right move for you and your precious family. You are going to love being so close to your family. I can't wait to hear all about it and visit you sometime during the summer. I will let you get settled first. Love ya! Kristin

Mrs. Plant said...

Kellye and Troy,
Oh my Gosh! That is so weird that you ALSO know Amy and Kelly Ayotte! I went to church with Amy and Kelly many years ago at Fellowship Bible Church Arapaho.

Anyway, do you remember me??? I met Troy way back in the days in Carla's parent's garage/office in Shreveport. I met him through Karl (we went to college together). I met Kellye a couple of times at TI functions. My husband Chris also knows Troy from work. I remember you telling me all about Love and Logic in the classroom. Now (can you believe it!), I am a teacher!! I became a teacher at 42 years old and I absolutely LOVE it!

I am so glad to hear you are following the Lord's calling. We will be praying for a smooth transition for you and the kids.

BLESSINGS from the Chris and Amy Johnson Family!

Suzy said...

I was looking for an update and have been thinking about you alot lately. Soooooo glad to hear y'all are headed north. I am so excited for y'all....and a wee bit jealous....I would so love to be near my folks, too.:) It will be such a blessing for you all to be together. God is good. Please tell everyone hello for us. Smooth transitions, my friend.:) Love you.:)