Thursday, May 1, 2008

Fourty is Fabulous





Kim turned 40 and I can truely say she is 40 and fabulous! She's so happy. We had a fun time with her here this weekend. She brought her friend Donna and Mom and Dad came too. Kim, Donna, Mom, Genelle, and I started shopping and eating at IKEA Friday night, stayed in a hotel in Grapevine and shopped all day Saturday. We got home Saturday, ate and Troy, Kim, Donna and I went to a benefit concert to hear my friends' Rebecca and Kirk play in their bands. They are so amazing and this is the 2nd year they have had this concert to raise money for the cystic fibrosis foundation. Their daughter, Violet was diagnosed at 15 months. It was so much fun to get out and not have to worry about how long I was gone and how much do we owe the sitter?!
The folks are doing well and as usual we had a great time! They took lots of walks to the park with the kiddos and Dad was a trooper watching the kids with Troy. Mom hung in there during our shopping trip. I think she stayed up till 12:30 at the hotel! Troy is still workin like a dog. We have been enjoying the nice weather in the evenings when he gets home. Last night he was playing baseball with the kids and he enjoyed it. They did too of course, but I could tell he was really into it. I'm thinking maybe we'll try Duncan at TBall next, since it's Troy's favorite... maybe it won't be a dissaster like soccer was for Duncan.



With Mom and Dad here I was able to go with Duncan on his field trip to the zoo on Monday. He was so cute. Here's a pic of him and his BFF making Jedi faces. They always play Starwars. I was surprised at how quiet Duncan was during the trip. I usually have to tell him to lower his voice etc... but I guess he was just enjoying our time there. I know I was. Maybe it was because we were so thirsty. I froze our water bottles the night before thinking it would work out perfectly. It didn't. We were just so thankful for any drop we could squeeze out of it. Needless to say, we made a Sonic drink stop on the way home.



The kids are all growing so fast. Savannah especially seems to be shooting up lately. She is ready for school to be out and is planning for the summer. She still takes good care of Kendall and when she's home she wants her over anyone else. Kendall is talking up a storm! She can say anything and does! She told Duncan today, "NO eat my fruitbar Duncan.. OK!?" She has no problem standing her ground. She loves to sing and sings about everything... Barney, Jesus, you name it. Usually the Lord does come before Barney, thankfully :) We have a busy weekend ahead. I hope to update once a week. Well see...

2 comments:

rebec said...

TMI Kellye. TMI! but for real, i'm TK (totally kidding!) -- You are such a great writer, and God knows... you're kids give you plenty of great material!!! It'll be a joy to keep up with your family like this! thanks for including me in your new venture!

Kristin Fiser said...

Hey girlie,
So proud of you for setting this up. You rock. Love the pics of the kids. I am dying to see you all. Miss you girl. KF